Diet chart for people with BMI between 25 to 30. For BMI > 30, this usually doesn't work
Must Read These Notes Before Following Diet Chart:
- This diet-chart is intended for average built people with average daily calorie consumption (not too high or low).
- Pregnant / lactating ladies, children, people with any kind of disease, elderly, people with too high or low daily energy requirement must consult their doctor regarding diet-plans and must not follow this chart blindly.
- Diet chart must be strictly followed and eat only what is mentioned in it, don’t eat anything outside your diet chart.
- This is a little liberal diet-chart as very strict (with very little food or odd food) dieting is difficult to follow and after some time it becomes impossible to continue it.
- This diet chart can be followed for long and will help you build healthier eating habits.
- In-case you experience any difficulty, consult your doctor.
- Chapati should always be without oil/ghee.
- Fruits to be avoided: Mango, banana, grapes, cheeku.
- Increase intake of protein (nutri, paneer, milk, tofu, egg),decrease intake of fats (ghee, oil, dalda, fried foods), carbohydrates (rice, sugar, honey, gur, sweets).
- Use whole grains, cereals and pulses.
- Take regular physical exercise like walking in morning and evening. Avoid exercise immediately after meals.
- Drink at least 12-15 glasses of water in a day.
- Divide your whole day food in 5 to 6 small meals rather than taking 2-3 heavy meals.
- Prefer baking, boiling, roasting and steaming instead of frying foods.
- Avoid extra snacks and foods in between meals instead take salad, lemon water, clear soup etc.
- Total oil per day 3-4 tea spoon.
- Try to use non-stick cookware to decrease oil consumption.
- Total skimmed/toned milk consumption per day 500 ml -750 ml.
- Total salt consumption per day 5 gm salt for normal /2 gm salt for high blood pressure.
Composition of Missi Roti
- FREE FOODSNimbu pani (Without Sugar), Clear Soup (without oil/cream), Green leafy vegetables, Kheera , Kakri, Raddish, Khatti lassi.
Foods to be avoided
- Aerated Drinks( Coke ,Pepsi, fanta etc)Fruit Juices.
- Excess Fried foods Like Pooris, Paranthas, Pakoras, Samosas.
- James, Fruits preserves with sugar.
- Mango, Cheeku, Banana, Grapes, Custard Apple.
- Excess Cream, Processed cheese, butter, Oil.
- Excess of rice and rice products.
- Potato, Arbi, Sweet Potato, Jimikand.
Wheat Atta : 2 parts
Black Gram Atta : 1 Part
Barley Atta : 1 Part