LAPAROSCOPIC APPENDICECTOMY (APPENDIX REMOVAL) This surgery is usually performed to treat infected appendix. If not done at appropriate time, the appendix can get deprived of its blood supply and form pus inside. Simple infection can turn into life-threatening complication in no time, so early examination by a doctor is crucial. Common symptoms of appendicitis are -
- Pain in the right lower abdomen (Can start near navel and shift or spread later)
- Nausea or vomiting
- But all these symptoms may not be present and others may be present. Hence examination by your doctor is very crucial to diagnose or rule-out appendicitis.
- It usually occurs in teenage but no age is immune.
- Smaller incision (cut) and scar.
- Better visualization of inside abdomen so as to diagnose any other pathology.
- Lesser pain, quicker recovery and discharge from hospital.